Monday, May 23, 2011

Cleveland Indians Social Media Suite

On Friday I had the opportunity to sit in the new Cleveland Indians Social Suite. Last season, the Social Media seats were on a Deck out in left field, next to the Home Run Porch. This is a major upgrade! I'm a little upset that I didn't take my Nikon D700 with me to take pictures. Of course, I had my iPhone with me to take a few snapshots and video.

If you don't know what the Social Suite is about, it's reserved for people who use twitter and facebook and blog regularly. They provide us with free wireless internet in the suite, and we post tweets, statuses and pictures/video throughout the game. The tickets are free, but you do have to apply for them, and prove that you're "kind of a big deal" in the social media world. For more info, head on over to the Cleveland Indians Social Suite web page.


There were even some shenanigans among us, as Chad decided it would be a good idea to eat a nacho completely covered in salsa while wearing a white shirt. Amazingly, I don't think he got any on his shirt. Good job Chad!



After the game there was a fireworks display, and we were moved down to the dugout to watch it. Pretty cool view from down there.

Our view from the suite.

Beverage of choice.

View of the fireworks from the dugout.


A little video of the fireworks from the recorded from the dugout.