Thursday, May 21, 2009

We have a potty

Over the past week, we've been noticing strange occurrences. The first I noticed was when K grabbed my hand and took me over to the changing table and pointed at it. He needed changed and wanted it done right then. I told him he had done a good thing by telling me and changed him. He was a much happier toddler. Next, E grabbed at her crotch and said "that" over and over again, which I thought was a little strange at first, but then I got a whiff of what she was trying to tell me. She had gone and needed changed. Okay, cool. They're starting to notice things. This could be good. Then today, E had gone in her diaper and, as G was changing her, she kept signing and saying "more." That was odd, until she went again a little later.

So, after talking it over with G and my mom, we ended up getting a potty. Just to see. It seems like they are noticing what's going on and they really don't like being dirty. It's a little early by most parents' standards, but what the heck, it can't hurt to try, right? So, I believe my point is that we just started potty training. We're not really serious about it just yet. Just going to see where it goes. (Hopefully in the potty)

3 comments:

  1. I made the mistake of getting a potty recently, "Just to see".. way too early for us:) They would rather wear it on their heads right now so it's going back in the box for a while! (My trips are 18m) I hope you are onto something though- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was some investigation (taking it apart) when I first got it out of the box, but since then all three have sat on it without a diaper. Nothing has been deposited in the potty, but they are interested in how it works. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! We are contemplating doing the same thing... Maybe we'll wait to see how well yours do! :-) Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete