Thursday, January 29, 2009

Background

I should start with some background. I am a 30-something stay-at-home-dad caring for triplets, two girls and one boy. The Wife works full time, and I dabble in photography on the weekends for some extra spending cash. The kids were born at 32 weeks (that's two months premature for those who may not know) and spent about a month in the NICU. The girls were on ventilators for about 12 hours immediately after they were delivered and never again. The boy was never on a vent. The girls did get to come home first, the boy followed a few days later. Since they came home they have flourished in every way. It has been a truly amazing journey to watch these three little beings grow into the little people that they are today.

I've flirted with starting a blog before, but never had the guts. I'm not sure what changed this morning, but I decided that it was time. In thinking about it now, I wish I had started before the kids were even born. To be able to go back and read the posts from when the kids were getting up to eat every two or three hours would be very interesting. But that's the past. I can only look forward to all of the amazing posts to come that will cronicle all of the adventures that I will have with my three little bundles of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment