Friday, February 27, 2009

Injury Report

Last night the little guy was running and fell into the corner of the main archway into our living room. Luckily for him the archway is framed with wood and the edges are rounded. When he hit, I was upstairs and knew immediately that it was going to be bad. It sounded like someone dropped a 20 pound dumbell on the floor. Then for a few seconds there was silence, and then the screaming began. He hit the board right in the center if his forehead. I tried desperately to put a cold cube on the goose egg that had already formed, but that only seemed to make matters worse. The screaming intensified and he just kept pushing my hands away. I felt so bad for the kid. I took him upstairs and snuggled with him in the rocking chair and he finally settled down. He almost fell asleep on my shoulder, something that hasn't happened in months.

After we changed him and put him and his sisters to bed, the wife and I both admitted how scared we were and that we were mentally preparing ourselves for a trip to the ER. Thankfully that was not necessary. The goose egg was gone by this morning, just a large black and blue mark down the middle of his forehead now. He is his happy, daredevil self, standing on the rocking horse and pushing his sisters out of the bookshelf -his little hiding spot. All is right in our world, until the next injury.


Posted with BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment