Thursday, March 17, 2011

Nesting

Over the past few months I've been purging all of our "baby" stuff by selling it on eBay and Craigslist. Consequently, there are piles of stuff all over the house waiting to be bought and shipped. One such pile is made up of Boppies, to which the girls have been adding pillows and blankets. They love to sit in the middle of it and just talk and play with their dolls. Until this morning, I thought it was just a cute way for them to cuddle.

As Juli was climbing into the pile of pillows and Boppies this morning, I heard her say "I get into my nest." Then it dawned on me, she's imitating the characters on her favorite TV show, Dinosaur Train, which airs on our local PBS station. It's a cute show about a family of Pteranodons who've adopted a T-Rex. They travel around on a train and learn about all kinds of other dinosaurs and other species that lived during the time of the dinosaurs.

Well, the Pteranodon family lives in a nest (they're bird-like). All three of the trips like the show, but Juli has really gotten into it lately. She's even learning the names of the dinosaurs. She regularly brings me her toy dinosaurs and tells me what kind they are, and most of the time she's right.

It's really amazing how quickly their little brains sponge things up, no matter how complicated they are.