Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Little Brother Saves The Day

As many of you have read, the triplets started pre-school last week, and every time I dropped them off, the girls would cry and tell me how much they would miss me. It was pretty heart-breaking.

This morning was their first day back after the weekend since they only go three days a week. As I was getting the kids out of the van, KJ turned to his sisters and sternly (with a pointed finger for emphasis) told them "No crying in school today, Girls." I was having a hard time containing my laughter. At that point, Juli tried to sneak past him to get to me, and he pointed his finger at her and sternly said "No crying, Juli, okay?" and would not let her pass until she agreed not to cry. Once she agreed, he let her past and turned to Elisha and made her agree not to cry.

It was truly the sweetest, funniest thing I have seen him do in his four years. I was cracking up by the time I had them all out of the van and headed into the school. The other parents probably think I'm a mental case now.

The best part about it all, is that it worked. Juli, who was the worst last week, didn't cry at all today. Elisha only whimpered a little and said "I'll miss you" as I left their classroom. Leave it to little brother to show the girls how it's done!