Thursday, September 22, 2011

Triplets' Fourth Birthday Party: Video

A couple of weeks ago I got myself a Nikon D7000 to use around the house for pictures and video of the kids. While I do love the quality of the video, I have to admit, taking video with it is a challenge for me, especially focusing (as you'll see in the video). It has several focusing modes that are supposed to track subjects or focus on a certain area. I'm still trying to figure out which one to use in which situations. I also realize that I need a better external microphone, as the one I bought picks up the sound of the lens focusing (the motor sound you'll hear at times).

So, here it is, my first attempt at a DSLR video. I apologize for my unsteady hands, focusing, and audio issues. Those who are prone to motion sickness might want to take some Dramamine before watching. ;)