Saturday, September 3, 2011

Potty Training Update

What a difference a couple of days makes!

A few days ago I sent KJ to get a new diaper for himself and he told me excitedly that there were only two diapers left. After thinking about it a bit I told him that he really didn't have to use up all of the diapers. If he wanted to start wearing underwear he could. He was hesitant at first, but then later told Gretch that he wanted to wear underwear the next day.

The next morning when he woke up, he took his diaper off and put on big kid underwear. He hasn't worn a diaper since. There were two small accidents the first day, but he's been fine ever since. It's still early, but I think it's safe to say that KJ is potty trained.

After thinking about it and talking with Gretch about it, I think he thought he had to use up all of the diapers before he could start wearing underwear. Poor little guy probably could have been potty trained over a month ago.