Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What Are The Triplets Doing Now?

Elisha

Elisha is very sensitive right now. She seems to be trying to get more attention by being the loudest, which is not good if I have a headache. Heck, sometimes it gives me a headache. She loves to cuddle up on the couch with a pillow and blanket, even if she's not tired. I'll find her there at random times during the day while KJ and Juli are off playing. I think she gets tired of all of the fighting and needs to get away from them, so she sneaks off when she can and creates a little comfy zone for herself.

Elisha is quite the singer right now. At any given time she'll belt out Happy Birthday, the theme to Abby's Flying Fairy School, Elmo's World, or some random song that I don't recognize. And she doesn't sing quietly either. She wants the neighborhood to hear her.

She's very possessive of her toys right now. If she has something taken from her, she breaks down and starts screaming immediately. And it doesn't stop until she gets back the toy she lost. Other than the volume, I'm okay with this behavior. I don't want to encourage it, but she's letting us know that either KJ or Juli stole something from her. Now, on the other hand, she also does this when she sees that KJ or Juli have something that she wants. I am not fond of this behavior, and have been known to put her in timeout when I see this happening. The problem I'm having is that I don't always see what has, or has not, happened. So I may be letting something go that I shouldn't, or punishing the wrong child. This is something I have to work on.

It's hard to say what she likes to eat right now. One day she'll eat a hot dog and a half, the next time I make it, she won't touch it. It seems completely random. She is napping well right now, which wasn't the case as recently as two weeks ago. I'm not sure what changed, but I'll take it. More naps means more free time for me.

That's what Elisha is doing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment